1. The basics – Listing the business on Google
Got the shop listed manually and claimed the business. Verifying yourself as owner of the store involves Google sending a postcard with a verification code to the shop’s address which you enter in Google My Business (business.google.com) to claim it.
Gave two 5 star reviews myself from different accounts.
After claiming your business, Google provides an option to set up a free professional looking website with a .site domain for your business – yourbusinessname.business.site. How cool is that!
Added all basic information – Opening and closing hours, Payment options, Contact details and many product photos taken from my phone.
Here’s how the site looks. Neat and professional – https://amzfashion.business.site/
The dashboard provides good insights like –
Key feature – You can also post frequent updates in a blog format as well which will come up in your site.
Have INR 2000 worth free AdWords voucher. Need to test it out once.
2. Digital payments set up
- POS machine from bank for Debit and Credit card payments.
3. Set up Amazon Seller Account
Road Blocks in launching –
- Products must have ASIN – need to purchase as Amazon verifies it.
- Large quantities of same product – 5 products for each ASIN during test phase.
- Models and good product photography
- Keeping logistics cost low.
- Initial investment required. Estimating it to be minimum 50k.
4. JustDial listing
- Uploaded lots of photos along with labels
- Updated address
Need to try out paid campaigns. Starts as low as Rs. 400/mo.