- Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook Rating
These days email migration has turned out to be the most common trend as many businesses are changing their respective needs and to deal with various cost-effectiveness and data management matters opting out tasks like switching of emails from one platform to another. Lotus Notes to Outlook migration is one of those email migration and it too has got its own reasons and complications.
In general, the key reasons for opting out the NSF to PST conversions are the vulnerability of NSF files towards corruption along with better data management & offline accessibility of mailbox with offline folders in MS Outlook platform.
Now to access NSF files in MS Outlook, you can convert them to Outlook PST format by making use of manual (Import/Export) method. However, manual method has its limitations as there is always a risk of losing data during the process. Also, by opting a manual procedure, you may also find difficulty in migrating a large amount of Lotus Notes data to MS Outlook.
Manual method is also incompetent in situations when you need to migrate corrupt NSF files to MS Outlook. Although, you may try out using compact -i -c -d -k and updall –R commands to recover and restore data from corrupt NSF files but can’t recover data in all the situations. Consequently, to get a desired result, usage a third-party software like Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook can be very fruitful as it can help you perform NSF to PST conversion in an effortless manner.
Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook
Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook is an advanced software and ideal for you to carry out the successful migration of emails from Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files in a more precise manner. While using this software, you can conduct the migration of entire Lotus Notes emails, contacts, attachments, drafts, notes, appointments, events, etc. to MS Outlook. Also, while you use the software you just don’t have to be worry about conversion of multiple NSF files and Domino Server files through Advanced data scanning mode. The software is very easy to operate and directs you with constant step by step instructions to run and execute the respective NSF to PST conversion.
Before you install and run the software, you also got to ensure that the system meets the following system requirements:
- Pentium Class Processor
- 64 MB RAM (128 MB Recommended)
- 50 MB for Software Installation
- Windows Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000/98/NT and 95 and Windows Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003
- Lotus Notes and Domino Server: Lotus Notes 9.0.1/9.0/8/7/6 and Lotus Notes Domino Server 8.5/8.0/7.0/6.5/6.0
Microsoft Outlook: MS Outlook 2016/2013 (both 32 bit and 64 bit)/2010/2007/2003/2002/2000/98 and 97
- Microsoft Exchange Server: 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000/5.5 and 5.0
Easy to Understand Interface & File Selection Process
As you install the software, the welcome interface of the software provides you with two different modes i.e. Standard & Advanced to carry out the email conversion:
• NSF files to PST files
• NSF files to Exchange Server
• Domino Server files to Exchange Server
• Domino Server files to PST files
Based upon the requirement, you can perform the required migration. What is more interactive about the interface of the software is the flexibility it offers to its user like you to add NSF files from your computer or Domino Server using “Add File(s)”, “Add Domino File(s)” buttons along with “Preview” button that further facilitates to get preview of the selected NSF file.
Exceptional NSF to PST Conversion
The single click at the Export button in the software further guides you to save the files before or after seeing the preview. Although, while you perform NSF to PST conversion via opting a Standard Mode, the software offers you with option to choose:
Once you select, “Save in PST” option, using the software you can further define the saving location and Date range for the PST file.
- You have got the option to split the resultant PST file. You just need to fill-up the respective size of PST file based upon file size units, MB or GB.
- The software also gives you different fields like “Exclude Sent Folder”, “Exclude Deleted Items”, or “Exclude All Folder”. You just require to check the respective field if you want to exclude sent, deleted or all items from emails.
- You can also mention the name of the folders separated by comma that you wish to exclude in the respective PST file.
- You must ensure to close Microsoft Outlook while using Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook software
While you perform the same NSF to PST file conversion opting an “Advanced” mode, the software provides you with the separate “Saving Location” to save the selected Domino Server NSF files.
- In Advanced mode, you have got the option to create and select a CSV file containing NSF file name in order to convert several NSF files into PST in one attempt
NSF Files to Exchange Server Migration
The software also facilitates you to carry out the NSF file to Exchange Server migration via opting a Standard Mode. In fact, the good aspect of the software is it facilitates you with the respective fields such the IP Address, Exchange Server name along with other login credentials that you just got to fill. To establish a connection with Exchange Server.
- The tool allows you to get connection to an Exchange Server 2013/2016, just by checking “Saving in Exchange Server 2013/2016” option.
- The tool also allows you to connect to Exchange Server 2013/2016 directly by using HTTP & Exchange Proxy Settings via letting you to manually configure Outlook profile.
- You have got the flexibility to adjust the proxy setting if essential
While you perform the same NSF to Exchange Server conversion opting an “Advanced” mode, the Save in Exchange Server option further gives the flexibility to properly access the MS Exchange Server and then directly save emails of NSF files in user profiles created on MS Exchange Server. Thus, you can easily access them from your respective MS Outlook email account. The functions essential to migrate data from NSF files to Exchange Server are similar to convert NSF files to PST files.
1. You must include Exchange Server details such as Exchange server IP Address, Exchange Server Name, User name with Domain and password in CSV file.
Hassle-free Export of Domino Server files to Exchange Server
With the help of this utility, you could also carry out the migration of data from Domino Server files to Exchange Server. The interface of the software highlights respective fields and lets you define the Domino Server name or IP address in the field or even search for the Domino Server in network. To perform the search operation, you just require to click the “Search Domino Server” button. You can gain an easy access to the server just by providing the respective password and further add its respective NSF files.
- As the software list the Domino Server name and its respective NSF files, as per your requirement, you can select all the files or may even select various files just by checking/un-checking the check-box highlighted in context to each .nsf file. Finally, at the end, you just need to click the Export button and convert the files and define the storage location.
- Conducting the same Domino Server files to Exchange Server conversion opting an “Advanced” mode, you must note that Domino Server files cannot be added in CSV file format. One has to individually select Domino Server files for conversion.
Switching of Data from Domino Server files to PST files
Another great highlight of the software is the functionality that enables you to migrate or export data right from the Domino Server files to PST files in both Standard & Advanced modes. The entire procedure to convert or switch from Domino files to PST files is very similar to the process that one follows to convert Domino Server to Exchange Server. The entire process is very simple, as you just require to select Domino Server NSF file(s) from the list, click on Saving Location and finally save the files in PST file format.
- The software allows you to perform migration of selective items that you could filter out based upon the Date Range.
- With a single click on pre-defined check-boxes related to different fields like “Exclude Sent Folder”, “Exclude Deleted Items”, or “Exclude All Folder”, you could also exclude sent, deleted or all items from emails.
- The software also facilitates you with an in-built “Split PST” functionality to split the resultant PST file if required.
The software is very effective and convert complete data within Lotus Notes NSF files into Outlook with entire Meta data and keeping them intact. The functionality to filter emails by selecting a specific range of date is very effective and handy to filter out only selective items. Using the software, you can migrate all Lotus Notes contents into Outlook PST or Exchange Server mode keeping the same folder names or even change it if required. Moreover, the software also supports every version of Lotus Notes, Domino Server and MS Exchange Server, MS Outlook to complete the procedure of email migration.