The main reason why I started this blog and keep it still running till today was to make money from it.
Learning about making money online fascinated me. I tried many things-
- Paid surveys
- Clicking on Google ads myself on this blog which was previously TechTerrain.blogspot.com and thus getting banned from Google Adsense. I moved on to Chitika (another fail) and then to Clickbank.
- Writing on Squidoo.
- Writing on article directories with affiliate links. God this so felt like easy money.
- Moving my blogspot blog to a paid shared hosting and domain name after witnessing 1 sale which got me $23 in affiliate commission. This first sale gave me proof that I can make money online. I haven’t had another sale of that product ever again. The first one was a fluke I guess.
- Selling Photoshop and video editing services on Fiverr. I was able to grow it from $10/mo to $120/mo. At times it got a little hectic which was expected of freelancing.
I was settled. Making INR 7000 – 8000/mo (US$ 110) combined from Fiverr and this blog was pretty good pocket money. My investments on domain and hosting on my blog was worth it. This went on for 5-6 months.
I had started working at my current job full time and travelling 4 hours/day made me inactive on Fiverr. Sales started dropping steadily. Fiverr promotes sellers who are active. My gigs were deactivated without me realizing it until I logged on. Fiverr doesn’t send any warning message before deactivating your gigs. Good on you for ditching your money makers Fiverr! Now I am making $0.
This blog was still bring chump change from just 1 Clickbank product. Thanks to it crappy nature and high return rates.
I’m pretty sure I don’t have any loyal readers. Even if I did, I’d like to apologize for posting promoted and lifeless content always. All of those articles don’t earn me money anyway.
I’m now back to writing again but with a new different set of reason.
I was going through my life aimlessly. Keeping a journal of what you do everyday is very important to keep track of where you are and where you want to be.
- To bring discipline in my endeavors
I’d like to note down what I did for the day to advance my career. This will ensure that I do at least one thing everyday which will help me develop professionally.
That’s it for today. Wish me luck.
P.S This post was supposed to be ready 3 days ago. Travelling takes it’s toll